As I study writing to market in more depth, I’m developing and building out the system that I’ve only started describing in this ebook.
I’m lucky because I enjoy and write in many genres. I’m my own best guinea pig!
I still want to work with other authors who write across multiple genres so I can show that this system will work for you no matter what. That’s why I have created a new (but very limited) service that allows authors to hire me as a marketability editor for their book or series.
If you’re familiar with my work, you probably know that this is a big deal for me. I’m more of a books and courses kind of gal and have not had an option to work with me one-on-one in years.
Are you interested? If so, keep reading about this new offer and/or get in touch with us at email@example.com to see if you’re a good fit!
Or if you’re more of a “let’s get it done” action-taker, just keep reading—links to sign up are below!
Ideally, You Are:
- A fiction author
- With a desire to become (or progress toward becoming) a full-time career author who makes his/her living from writing books
- Who understands the basics of writing to market but wants to go deeper
- Who writes in a series
- Who has a book #1 in their series that they’d love to run through our marketability editing process (book #1 is the one that seals the deal!)
What Our Service Comes With:
- Full markup and comments on your outline + manuscript. Developmental + copyediting included!
- Extra Analysis #1 – I’ll pull your outline through the Smarter Storytelling Framework. This template helps find gaps in your story. I’ll also give you examples of how you could fix any issues that come up!
- Extra Analysis #2 – I will pull your book through my 100-point Marketability and Virality analysis to find strengths and weaknesses in your story from a marketing perspective. This is based on the six layers described in this ebook. We’ll inject some extra marketing into your manuscript so your book is easier to sell!
- 1-hour consult on feedback (optional). We’ll go through all of your feedback and answer any questions you have.
- Email support for up to two weeks after you receive your feedback (optional). You can ask me any follow-up or clarifying questions you have! I’ll be happy to answer.
- 150k word limit
- Must book your dates in advance
- Must submit both the outline and manuscript
- Use within one year
- Does not include or guarantee grammar or proofreading edits, though I’ll point out what I see.
- No refunds or exchanges, however, we can transfer your service to someone else if you are unable to use it
- Tardiness on getting your manuscript to us will extend our timeline to deliver feedback to you
How it’s delivered:
- We work with authors over the course of one month. Outlines + manuscripts are due on the 1st of the month you are scheduled.
- I’ll do a first readthrough and focus on high-level structure, marketability, and virality of your story. I’ll make suggestions about how you could make your book more marketable and complete both the Smarter Storytelling Framework analysis and the Marketability and Virality analysis. These will be delivered to you sometime during the second week of the month.
- You have about a week (though we’re flexible) to sit with the initial feedback and make decisions about what changes you want to incorporate.
- You then decide if you want us to do the line edit on your current draft of if you want to make changes and schedule the line edit for later. You can also decide if you want to use your 1-hour consult now or later. If you decide on later we will schedule you for a future month and we will again need the next iteration of your draft on the 1st day of that month.
- If you choose to wrap up in the current month, we will complete the rest of the deliverables by the end of the month. If you choose to make changes and schedule the other half of your service for a later date, we will complete the rest of the deliverables by the end of the future month you’ve scheduled with us.
- Once all services are delivered, we will provide email support for an additional four weeks so we can help you get as much value as possible from your service.
People who have done this package with me before say it gets them super motivated and inspired and makes their work significantly better (and they can carry my mentoring forward to their next book, too!). My fiction clients have gone on to win book awards, have gotten asked to speak at conferences, and more!
Availability (updated as of August 2018)
We have limited availability as I’m only taking on clients through 2018 and only taking on 1-2 clients per month! Here’s what we have available:
- September 2018 – 2 spots
- October 2018 – 2 spots
- November 2018 – 2 spots
- December 2018 – 2 spots
Marketability Editing Investment
We have limited availability and have no plans to open up spots (we are actually more likely to remove spots from the schedule as Monica books more travel).
If you’d like to book a service with Monica on one of your books or series, now is the time to get on the schedule! You can do so at the links below:
- One-Time Payment of $4000 – https://members.theworldneedsyourbook.com/product/marketability-editing-one-time-payment/
- 4 Monthly Payments of $1000*** – https://members.theworldneedsyourbook.com/product/marketability-editing-4-monthly-payments/
*** Please note that for the payment plan, you can book months that will be after all four payments are complete.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Could I work with you on three books in the series if they are each 50k?
Yes, as long as the books are in the same series, in sequential order (I don’t need to read something I’m not editing to understand the plot), and are under 150k words total, I am happy to work with you on multiple books.
This could be the first two books in a series, a full-length novel + companion novella, or a series of novellas.
What if the books are not in a series? Would you still take them?
Nope. Our process doesn’t work well on books that are not in a series.
What if the books are 150,001+ words when added up? Would you still take them?
Nope. 150,000 words is a hard limit.
Will you work on a partial book?
Nope. Complete stories only.
How does your pricing compare to other editors?
Every good editor I know charges $0.03 to $0.06 per word. For 150k words, this is $4500 to $9000.
We are able to provide a lower price because we don’t focus heavily on grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors, which many intermediate and advanced authors don’t need anyway.
Instead, we are focused on getting you more book sales. If your goal for hiring an editor is specifically to sell more books, we have a stronger return on investment than other types of editors due to our focus on marketability.
I already work with an editor. Can I also work with you? Are you replacing my current editor?
No, of course not! 🙂
Most editors are not doing marketability editing and if they are, they aren’t using my system my my additional analyses. If you want to go deeper and run your book or series through my specific system, this is a good fit for you.
If not, it may make sense to work with someone else. It’s all about aligning the investment you are making with your #1 goal. That is how you achieve great results!
Additionally, if your editor specializes in something else, like line-editing, it may be good to work your book series through this system first, then work with your editor on the line-editing specialty. Think of them as two different skill sets that you can add to your arsenal, and make this the year that you tackle at least one! Remember, working with my system even once is a huge investment in your storytelling skills that you can bring forward to future projects.
Can I buy multiple spots?
You can, but we are only working with clients for an extremely limited time and have only a few spots. We do not currently have plans to continue editing packages beyond 2018.
We recommend working with us once or twice using a series each time as we believe that the best use of an editor is as a writing coach. Let us coach you on one or two series max, and then you can take what you learn and apply our system to additional work you have.
In other words, we have no desire to keep taking your money and pointing out the same writing weaknesses over and over again. We are confident that once you work with our system you’ll be able to internalize it and become a much better writer as a result! You can then take your new skill set forward in your own writing. Invest in us once or twice, use the knowledge for life!
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you!
Check Out My New Book, Novel Writing Prep!
50,000+ words in 30 days—impossible, right?
Or if it is possible, those words must be total crap—right?
And even if there is some semblance of writing talent in the draft, writing that fast means the plot and characters must make no sense… right?
No. Nope. Wrong!
Yes, you can write 50,000 good words on your novel in as little as a month, as long as you prepare yourself.
Ready to learn how?